Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
Post Sub behind Soarin gone Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:29 pm
20k/leppard13
I went to google earth the other day to see if I could spot the sub behind the land building. It is now missing without a trace. I wonder if anyone knows where they took it. I hope it wasn't to the landfill;that sub was in better condition than any others. Also, I think someone mentioned that they removed the sub from Disney Castaway Cay. Just curious about why disney is moving all these subs around-could be the start of something good. :wink:
Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:41 am
law.jordan@hotmail.com
hi its jordan! :)

unbelievable! the sub IS GONE!!!! I hope its not scrapped or binned otherwise i will NOT be happy! :twisted:

Damn disney! they make me sore!!!!! :evil:
Post I found the using MSN Live Maps Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:58 am
SuperBee4406
I found the Sub using MSN Live maps. Click on "Bird's eye" Veiw, and you can see the sub behind Soarin. You can rotate the image and see different angels. Since Live maps are pieced together, there is one angle you'll see, where the sub is gone.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&F ... &encType=1
Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:10 am
law.jordan@hotmail.com
hi guys its jordan! :D

i must say that is a very impressive and amazing view of the sub behindepoct as my seraches for one have been fruitless. Unfortunately, i hate to tell you this, but that satellite image is from 2005 or 2006, as the castle at the magic kingdom is still wearing its golden overlay for the 50th anniversary. this proves that perhaps the sub really is gone :(
i wish someone talked to disney and say what has happened to it
Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:20 pm
law.jordan@hotmail.com
hi guys its jordan

guess what! :D i recently went to disney to talk to them about the nautilus, and they said it was moved behind mission: space! :o

see u soon bye!
Post Sorry, false alarm Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:31 pm
20k/leppard13
Sorry, false alarm on the missing sub. I agree that the image is from around 2006 though, so where the sub is by now is anyone's guess. I hope their still keeping it around... :?:
Post Not Changed Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm
Hey Jordan, I just checked the photo behind Mission Space at all angles, and couldn't find it. however, behing The Land it still looks like something which is similar to the Nautilus is back there, but the pictures aren't good enough zoomed in to tell. maybe Dave or Bert can help us out on this one.
Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:52 am
I posted up close ground level shots of it as recent as April 2010. I recently checked behind Soarin', and she's still there.
Post Correct Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:38 pm
Nice to have my thoughts confirmed. Maybe Disney will let someone see a pic of it? They seem to be pretty good about stuff like that. Hope so.
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic