Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post Anyone have a porthole, window or prop? Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:20 am
jimthedj
Although I did not ever work at 20k, II worked in fontierland operations for 8 years unill '82, and had many friends that did .

I remeber well as a kid in the '70 waiting in line paitently for 20K and was convinsed the submarine truley submerged once into the cave.

Now, I am colecting artifacts from 20K as a tribute to the once great atraction. I know e-bay sold quite a bit of these items, but I was too late before I realised they were up. Does anyone have any items they would be willing to sell. Please contact me at jimthedj@aol.com
Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:44 pm
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Jim, Bass here, no, nothing on my end... I'm collecting what I can too! I have a porthole but bought it from Disney for quite a bit of cash. Never saw any sub props (propellers) for sale anywhere and would not know if it was authentic if I did see one as we never saw the props on the subs except during rehabs.
Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:27 am
mantix
Here is a porthole for sale on eBay right now, for $499 or best offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-NAUTILUS-20000 ... dZViewItem

That's not a bad price, really. I actually paid more for one from www.phil-sears.com .

Good luck!
Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:56 am
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
I have a porthole too... they were never really nice looking as they were never seen by guests unless a boat was on the spur dock and guests sitting down could see the spur dock boat's portholes. Imagine... 12 subs with 44 portholes each... yes, 44. Remember the underwater lamps that allowed guests to see the stuff in the lagoon at night... each light had it's own porthole .. four lights, 40 guest portholes... so 44 porthole times 12 boats... 528 portholes to sell at $150 each (at Disney that is) that's $79,000 in porthole sales for Disney... not to mention the secondary collector's market like that ad on eBay... man! $499 for a freakin porthole!
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic