Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post sub? Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:24 am
2late420k
I was on google earth a few days ago, & was looking at the back of the land pavillion, & noticed this picture. Whether it's the sub or not I have no clue, & I doubt too that Disney has it kept in one place for such a long time. But on the pro side, it's in seeing distance of the beach villas hotel & theres the piece of concrete and one, two trees infront of it. But here's the picture, I'll let you all decide whether it's the sub or not. And before you past judgement, look at the pic that was taken from the beach villas and soarin.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:00 pm
law.jordan@hotmail.com
hi!

i have looked at this satellite image and its the most curious thing i have seen on the epcot backlot, but its not a sub... if you look behind the soarin building, there is a nautilus sub there, in front of the jungle cruise boat. i hoped this helped! :D

bye! :)

ps: the subs are not in the magic kingdom boneyard any more! what happened to them? :(
Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:52 pm
20K_ED
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
The subs have not been in the boneyard for years. They were gone several years ago when I went back there and took pictures. The general concensis seems to be that were taken to the landfill on Disney property, crushed into environmentally sound containers (ie leak proof) and burried. I have heard rumers that some people claim to have seen fins sticking up out of the ground in the landfill but I seriously doubt that or at least that they are still connected to the subs.

- ED -
Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:41 pm
2late420k
[quote="law.jordan@hotmail.com"]hi!

i have looked at this satellite image and its the most curious thing i have seen on the epcot backlot, but its not a sub... if you look behind the soarin building, there is a nautilus sub there, in front of the jungle cruise boat. i hoped this helped! :D

bye! :)

ps: the subs are not in the magic kingdom boneyard any more! what happened to them? :([/quote]

thanks, have you seen a satellite image of the sub at epcot or have you just seen the post about it there?
Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:14 pm
law.jordan@hotmail.com
The sub is really on the satellite image. If u go on wikimapia, find a satellite image of epcot by search box. When u zoom in, go to the land pavilion. At the back is a oblong shaped object in front of a 1970s jungle cruise boat. the nautilus is hard to spot but with close detail it is there. The jungle cruise boat is shown a white rectangle. I have actually seen photos of this sub and this is how i found it. I hope the info was of great help thanks :D
Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:16 pm
law.jordan@hotmail.com
20K_ED wrote:
The subs have not been in the boneyard for years. They were gone several years ago when I went back there and took pictures. The general concensis seems to be that were taken to the landfill on Disney property, crushed into environmentally sound containers (ie leak proof) and burried. I have heard rumers that some people claim to have seen fins sticking up out of the ground in the landfill but I seriously doubt that or at least that they are still connected to the subs.

hi! :)

i was wondering if u could show me your photos of the nautilus in the boneyard? please reply back thanks :D
Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:41 pm
DisneyDave
Here is a new photo I stumbled across of the subs in the boneyard. As everyone stated, they are now in the landfill.

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WDW/Proper ... crets.html
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic