Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Poll:

Do you like the Finding Nemo Submarine ride?

Yes
0%
0% [ 0 ]
Yes
0%
0% [ 0 ]
No
33%
33% [ 2 ]
No
33%
33% [ 2 ]
Not sure
17%
17% [ 1 ]
Not sure
17%
17% [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
Post Finding Nemo Ride - You Tube Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:34 pm
puffypinkcow
So has anyone gone on You Tube and seen film of the new Finding Nemo submarine ride?

I found it horribly disappointing. The coolest animatronics have been removed and replaced with actual cartoon animation projected underwater somehow.

Although, I suppose this removes a lot of the maintainence which probably enabled them to reopen the ride.

They also made the coral reefs out of glass since it doesn't fade. One of the reefs at the end of the ride is in the shape of the sea serpent that is no longer there.

I think the worst part of the ride is the insessent talking of the fish throughout the whole thing. I really don't like being bombarded with catch phrases.

Anyway, I think the saddest part of the whole thing is that Walt Disney had such great vision and imagination and this ride does not do it justice at all. 3-D cartoons projected underwater doesn't amount to the reality of an actual solid object being there. The original ride mixed fantasy and reality. The new ride doesn't do this well at all.

P.S. I am a bad speller.
Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:42 am
2late420k
i agree it doesn't look as good as i thought it would be. but im just glad it has come back. im wanting/planning on going to disneyland next year to ride it. because i was too young to remember 20k when i rode it, & it would be nice to actually experience a disney submarine ride in person & not through my computer or tv. lol
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic