Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Post did they save the mermaids? Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:52 am
lordcutter
First let me get this out of the way... I think the site is awesome and LOVE the demolition photos...

I read on wikipedia that the ride was left to rot for over 10 years :cry:
Which conflicts with the info about the diver that says that in 94 they had a crew remove the animatroincs... I understand the need to leave the squid and sea serpent being that they're frealkin huge... but did they save the mermaids? I always thought they were the coolest part of the ride...
Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:28 pm
SaturationDiver
From what I've been able to gather in my outsider's point of view, I believe the scenery and props from the lagoon were removed within a few years after 1994 (The lagoon was certainly bare when I last saw it in 2002), but the contents of the show building seem to have been left intact until the following decade.

The sophisticated diving methods and Saturation Diving techniques of the Nautilus have dramatically increased the time man can live comfortably, and for long periods, in the ocean depths.
- Pete Reneday in the Queue Narration
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic