Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post Lamps and the old area Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:27 pm
legion3
Can anyone from the old ride say whether these lampposts were in anyway associated with the old ride? They line the area where the old ride used to be and are not found anywhere else in FantasyLand

I took these this morning

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x49/ ... ght1-1.jpg

the site today

Thanks
Post Old Lamps near 20K Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:54 am
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Um, no, those lamps are not 20K lamps. The lamps by 20K usually had a fake support "beam" with round holes drilled in it to give it that industrial-revolution era all-metal ship era "feel". The wood lamps you posted are in Frontierland (I believe) and if not, they too are not 20K style lamps. Disney just didn't bulldoze 20K, they erased it from the face of the Earth. Like I've said before, whomever had it "in" for 20K did it with extreme prejudice and did it out of spite.
Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:17 am
legion3
Actually I was refering to the blue metal lamps of the top two pics, the bottom pic is of the current site today.
Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:42 am
DisneyDave
Bass is right. All of the photos are the new lamps and not the original lamps.
Post new 20k lamps Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:15 pm
law.jordan@hotmail.com
that photo is a really curious one... :? when i saw them, i believe that the original lamps were purple and had a stylish victorian look to them. what hppned to the original lamps i wonder? :?
Post lamps Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:17 pm
Scooter
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
The old lamps also had a cage around the glass enclosure that held the bulb. I used to laugh when it rained because the glass would fill up when it rained. Believe me, if you have seen 20k before, you would know the lamps and just about anything associated with the ride or the area.

Scott Karl
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic