Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post PIC OF SUB BEHIND SOARIN Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:34 am
joez2391
HI EVERYONE! I wanted to share with everyone a life changing event that took place in April. Before I do that, i would like to start off with a story. My first trip to Disney was in '94. I always loved anything having to do with the ocean, and yes, 20,000 leagues was my favorite movie :D . I immediately fell in love with this attraction, but unfortunatly, it was "closed for maitenence." It wasnt until '96 that i had finnaly understood that 20K would be gone forever. I would stare out onto the lagoon every trip to Disney and it was a "must see" before we left. I never was able to experience this ride firsthand, but your website has brought me back to a past of mine that will never be forgotten. When I saw on this website that the sub was parked behind the Soarin' building at Epcot, i could not resist asking one of the castmembers to take a little "peek" behind the building to see the sub. The only thing separating me from teh sub that i had wished i could have ridden was a fence. Behind the sub, was one of the original jungle cruise boats from the 70's. You can see it above the Nemo helmet( I thought that it would look good with the picture :wink: ) ENJOY!

Ohh, by the way, would anyone know where I could purcase any 20K props from the actual ride? I just bought a "Remember When" 20K pin that commemorates the opening of this ride. It really is a nice pin! Im sure there are some still on e-bay, it was released last december. Thanks again for this great website!

-Joe

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic