Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post a new record Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:40 pm
Scott Pruitt
Just thought there might be some fellow crew members who might find this interesting. Today (12Apr2007) one of our 20k pewter hat insignia's that someone had gotten ahold of, sold on ebay for the price of $156. Just the pin and a poster, no hat. This must be a record. I hope the person who bought it shows it the same reverance we do.

Scott Pruitt
Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:13 pm
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Scott Pruitt said:
>>Just thought there might be some fellow crew members who might find this interesting. Today (12Apr2007) one of our 20k pewter hat insignia's that someone had gotten ahold of, sold on ebay for the price of $156. Just the pin and a poster, no hat. This must be a record. I hope the person who bought it shows it the same reverance we do.

[color=yellow]Scott, this is Bert "Bass" O'Connor... I'm sure you remember me.
No, $156 is not a record, way back when eBay first started, I'd seen some of the 20K hat badges go for $200 - $300 because they were "rare" then but now some guy on eBay seems to have a never-ending supply of them (he's in California) which leads me to think he's found someone to manufacture them...something I investigated and to mold and create this curved badge is a complicated process...but then he gets $150 and up for each badge so I'm sure he's recouping his investment.

Hope all is going well, its been a long long time.

I left WDW in 1980.

Bass
[/color]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic