Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post eBay Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 pm
20K_ED
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
I just noticed there is a seller on eBay named "Surpluskingdom" that has several items from the 20K ride. They have a crew member hat with the metal badge, a red running light, and what is supposed to be a "Captain's seat" but looks more like something off of an old school desk. There is also a seller from California who has a crew member jacket and pants. If you could just find a shirt you could buy an entire uniform off eBay right now! It seems like it is either feast or famone for 20K ride stuff on eBay.

- ED -
Post I believe the eBay hat is not 20K .. it is the Steamboat hat Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:25 pm
DisneyDave
I looked at the photos of the hat and it looks like the steamboat hat. I believe the 20k hat had red piping and was not vented (like this one). I used to work the steamboat. SurplusKingdom is the one of the people from the old mousesurplus. They had a fight and broke up into two companies.
Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:30 pm
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
>>20K_ED

Friend of 20K Ride

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:07 am
I just noticed there is a seller on eBay named "Surpluskingdom" that has several items from the 20K ride. They have a crew member hat with the metal badge, a red running light, and what is supposed to be a "Captain's seat" but looks more like something off of an old school desk. There is also a seller from California who has a crew member jacket and pants. If you could just find a shirt you could buy an entire uniform off eBay right now! It seems like it is either feast or famone for 20K ride stuff on eBay.

THe wood thing was a back support used up in the sub sail... we had no seats to sit on... we just leaned against that wood back support as we stood for hours on end.

I met the surpluskingdom guy a few times... nice fellow... has a lot of 20k stuff and sells it piece by piece on eBay or personally to private buyers. He said it had something to do with lead-based paint on the subs... a test was done on the paint from the subs... no lead...none...nada...nyet... Disney lied... there was no lead.

So I think it was a bit of hyperbole to dissuade folks from bugging surpluskingdom guy about 20K memorabilia.

Bass
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic