Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 9 [ 122 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post new 20 ride Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:54 pm
new20k
Does anyone know how the nautilus in the 20 leagues ride moved and how did it stay on the track?
Post more Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:13 pm
new20k
I am trying to make a new 20 leagues ride but it's a little different. I need information to build it.
Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:31 pm
shockme
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
If you build it... They will come.
Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:45 pm
elmonemo21
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
The subs floated like a boat with a large prop in the stern driven by a diesel engine. There was a bogey assembly under the sub which had wheels that rode on top of the track as well as wheels that went down into the middle of the track to keep the sub on track. If you go to the Behind the Scenes photos and you can see some detailed views of the track.

I was looking at the photos of the track for the new sub ride at DisneyLand and that track looks wimpy compared to the track at 20K. I guess maybe the subs there aren't as heavy?
Post How the Nautilus subs stayed on the ride at WDW Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:20 am
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Each 20k sub had what we called the Bogey system underneath each sub. Basically speaking it was two large steel pylons with neoprene rubber coated wheels under the pylons that slid into the concrete track's slot that ran throughout the attraction's lagoon and caverns... even more basically it was a rather large slot-car ride! The end of each pylon (one fore and one aft) had a rubber bumper on it just in-case a sub in front of you or behind you bumped you... which happened often, sometimes derailing a bogey out of the track and stopping the ride. Divers would have to be called in to lift the bogey back onto the track and only then could the sub continue it's ride. Each sub was propelled by a bronze prop aft of end dorsal fin. There was no steering involved... just thrust forward and aft, period.
Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:10 am
Squid
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Id like to find out how and were your goign to build it "If you build it they will come" good one

Back where I belong finally..
Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:49 pm
new20k
Does any one know how the fish, sea monster, and squid worked?
Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:49 am
Feather_Sword
Although I have never rode the 20k ride, (lets just say I was 2 years old when It closed and I lived nowhere near Florida at that time) based on the many videos I have watched, the fish move on wires, the serpent and squid were both animatronic and I belive most of the animatronics worked on compressed air.

I am very curious as to how and where you are creating this ride. Tell me more! :D

Silent, but ever watchfull.
Post where new 20k ride is Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:43 pm
new20k
I can't tell you at this time where it is. But I can tell you that it is not going to be in or near a disney theme park. Also it will be open around 2013.
Post All my best wishes on your bold venture!! Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:06 pm
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Hello, and thankyou for your input and info reguarding the greatest theme park expeirence ever!! I hope that you will be able to complete your objective, with a minimal amount of difficulty. If you need support from local (central FL folks), I'm quite sure you can get as much as you need. Good Luck again, Older Creston, over&out!!!!!!!

"The proof is always in the sorte of unborn octopus!"
Post how 20K fish and squid worked Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:57 am
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
I'd tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya... just kidding.
The KISS principle was used... Keep It Simple Stupid... pulleys, cranks, nothing exotic. Some were activated when the sub bogey rolled over a switch, with others they just ran and ran and ran. My fave were the Ling Cod... they did absolutely nothing.
Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:39 pm
new20k
Does anyone know what the fish was made out of. Does anyone know what the seaweed was made out of. Was there any special thing in the ride that I need to know.
Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:22 pm
Feather_Sword
the seaweed was made of plastic, and were'nt the fish made out of fiberglass?

I hope this helps. :)
Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:19 pm
Nicholas P
Waht do u mean by ur making a new 20k ride......where....on the computer or in real life?

EDIT____________________

Will it be in New York...if so i will be thrilled.

Also i can ship you some old seaweed if you need....its from the old ride!!
Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:30 pm
new20k
If anyone has anything from the 20k ride to help make the new 20k ride. Then please email me at tywer25@gmail.com. Anyone that gives me something will be put on a plaque that is in front of the ride. If you do give me something and you want to be put on the plaque please put your name on the email. :D
Page 1 of 9 [ 122 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic