Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2 Next
Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post Nautilus ride sub figurine limited edition of 500 Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:53 am
Wbnemo1
Howdy,
I know I don't post here much, but this couldn't be ignored. :D Disney apparently a small 12" figurine statue of the actual ride vehicle for the 35th anniversary of WDW. I'm waiting to go pick mine up now. I will take photos today for the group.
Sincerely,
Will
Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:31 pm
SaturationDiver
I want! I want! I want!
Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah Will, can you tell the rabid fans how we might buy one of these?
Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:59 pm
mprender
I just ordered one. $75.00 & $15.00 shipping. Don't call the WDW merchandise line . Call 407 560 4563. That is directly to The Art of Disney store at Epcot. The lady at the store said to have anyone interested in purchasing this to call the store directly. The Merch. line will only transfer you over to the store. This is the only store that sells these. When I ordered it the lady told me it's new and they don't have many in stock. She believed they were coming out in small batches so that's why nobody has heard of it yet. She also stated that they were selling very very well. I asked about edition size and she said it appears to be open ended.

I am very surprised and pleased they actually built a model of this!!

Good luck in getting yours.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:11 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Man, I know this sounds crazy, but I'm so on the fence as to whether I really want to spring for this...

Ha, I'll probably just stay on the fence till it's too late -- if it's not already! Sheesh.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:52 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Darn, no more in the store, but she took my info and said more were coming in next week, and that the 500 run isn't nearly over yet.

She said she'd got a lot more orders in the last few days from people who got the number off this page!
Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:27 pm
SaturationDiver
Take it there's no way to scoop one up online... damn. Guess I'll just do the usual now and sit back to watch them flood eBay for $1000 + each. Granted it's been years since I've seen those, but is it just me or are they a bit TOO green?
Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:48 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, she took my information and said she'd call me when they had more -- it sounded like I was going to get one no problem. You should just give a ring!
Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:47 am
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've posted Will's photos of the model on the 'after the shutdown' page, about 1/3 of the way down.

Mine is on the way!!

Here's are the same photos to save you the trip:
Post More on the 20k model subs Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:09 am
DisneyDave
They are LE 500 and the Art of Disney stores around property have them. The Downtown Disney store has a good supply. They are really beautiful for only $75.
Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:05 am
mprender
Got mine yesterday. Nice piece, though the color seems a bit too green. Would've been nice if the front hatch opened up or the roller /bumper assembly was included. But hey, it's a model of the WDW Nautilus !!!!!! Never thought I'd write that!!
Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:21 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Got mine today! Yikes, what a ridiculous amout of packaging! It took me 5 minutes to get at the thing. I found the color to be a darker green than the photos posted here, I'm quite pleased with it. Can't wait to get home and attack it with the giant squid!
Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:01 am
DisneyDave
Just an update. Plenty in stock. World of Disney has them as well as Art of Disney at the Downtown Disney shop.
Post 20k Ride Model Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:29 am
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Guys, I know you might not want to hear this and I'm sure you all realize this but it has to be said... I cannot believe that on the bottom of the ride sub model's stand it states there were 24 ride subs! How could they have made such an error?! There were never more than 12 subs, ever. 6 at most could be in main dock / spur dock and three were docked in the caverns at night with the last three in drydock. If we ran 12 subs all at once, as we did on many an occasion, the ride was literally bumper to bumper subs in and out the caverns, there is no way 24 subs could've been on that ride! I know this is a nit pick and I'm sure glad I got my 20k ride sub but man oh man what a typo!
Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:42 am
SaturationDiver
Yeah, I noticed that too. At least they seem to have gotten the opening and closing dates right though, I still have a Disney-written guide that lists it as "1959-1998". Submarine Voyage, not 20K... :roll: It would be odd having a themepark attraction running years before the park would open...

The sophisticated diving methods and Saturation Diving techniques of the Nautilus have dramatically increased the time man can live comfortably, and for long periods, in the ocean depths.
- Pete Reneday in the Queue Narration
Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2 Next
Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic