Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post The first concept of 20k ride? Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:29 am
mxracer25
Ok, so we all know the first concept of the ride was to make it a lot larger than what it actually was. The picture of the ride in the lagoon the size of lake superior is pretty cool. It would be nice to know what the imagineers where planning for the ride to be like with that size of a lake? where would they have put it? do you think the subs would of actually dived in that size of lake? Just wondering if anyone had any info?
Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:30 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
What I read was that the final tank was only 1/3 the size orginally planned, which would have made the big one a 34.5 million gallon tank! I doubt it would have been any deeper though. :)
Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:49 pm
Squid
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
I know the lake superior thing is true I've seen concept art or it on the web and in the Disney studios. I have no idea were they planned on putting it. BUT if someone can give me a name of an imagineer that worked on 20k I could actually find out there phone number. And maybe they can explain this all :)

Back where I belong finally..
Post imagineer Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:19 pm
mxracer25
Ive been looking for information about it. It just seems neat to think the ride was planned on being that big! it makes someone wonder what they planned on doing with the ride if it was that size. Ive been searching the web trying to find information but I havent had much luck. Anyway Ill keep looking. Let me know if you fina out anything.
Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:27 am
flounder
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Well I never heard of the Lake Superior thing but the early concept that I was told of was that the attraction was to have been inside a volcano with 2 interior levels beside the lagoon. The lower level was to be the ride queue with the waiting guests touring Nemos Vulcania base with lab and sea exhibits etc.before departing on their voyage. The upper level was to be an upscale Nautilus themed restarant that would overlook the lagoon and subs. Supposedly drawings of the original concept exist somewhere but the budget killed it. Just something I once heard.--flounder
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic