Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post I Finally Saw It!!!! Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:42 am
ericben01
I went on a Disney cruise this past weekend, Thursday-Sunday. It was my 5th Disney cruise I believe. We went to Castaway Cay and it was nice there. We hung around until I was ready to go snorkeling around 2. I had told my younger sister about the 20k sub buried under water, so she was anxious to go swim out there, so me and her went pretty far out. As we came up on the sub, I couldn't believe my eyes! My heart sank and a chill went down my spine at the creepily amazing sight of the sub in the shadowed water. I couldn't get away from the sub once I got over how unbelievable it was! We were hanging around it for a good 10 minutes, and I used every single picture from my underwater disposable camera on it, so that will take a few days until I get them developed. Of course I had to touch it! I touched the tip of the rear fin. It was such a nostalgic feeling! If anyone has the opportunity to go out there and see the sub, please do it! It's one thing to see pictures, but nothing compares to swimming with it!

Also, I had a crazy idea that they could take the Castaway Cay sub and the one at EPCOT and put them together to make a whole sub! Just thought it would be cool! Then they could put it somewhere in "new" Fantasyland.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
1971-1994
Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:47 pm
I had heard that they removed the subs from Castaway Cay... Apparently I was misinformed... May have to schedule that cruise after all...
Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:52 pm
How deep is the water to be able to dive down to it and touch it?
Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:25 pm
ericben01
It's maybe 15-20 feet at most from seafloor to the top of the water. It only felt to me like the depth of the 12-foot diving area at a public pool, but I'm sure it was deeper. I finally got my pictures back and they are awesome! I can add some when I scan them.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
1971-1994
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic