Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1, 2
Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:35 pm
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
I heard once there was a Yheti type creature that inhabited the caverns and was rarely seen, usually after park shutdown in the evening. I know I was walking the catwalks one night and was chased by something but got the heck outta there before it caught me!
Post Ride Accidents Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:13 pm
20k/leppard13
I was going to start a new thread, but I guess this one is good.
There are many myths of kids drowning, or a guy having a heart attack but I was just curious, were there any real accidents. If so, what happened?
Post Re: 20k Myths and Legends Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:22 pm
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Well how's this for a six year delay in responding? LOL
I worked 20k from '74 to '78 (approx.) the only life emergency I ever witnessed was a woman who had difficulty breathing on a very hot summer day, found out all she had to eat was a hot dog, cotton candy, popcorn and a Cola... and oh, she had this huge scar on her chest where she had had open heart surgery not long before this day... duh! So don't go out in 98+ degree heat, high humidity, stand in line for 90 minutes after eating a hot dog, popcorn, cotton candy and a Cola and expect to come out like a spring-fresh daisy.
Post Re: 20K Sub Flooding myth Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:46 pm
dEEPsLEEP
Bass wrote:
Even if a sub flooded, it's bogey system kept it on the concrete track, so the sub might've settled a little but not so much that anyone would drown inside. Besides, for that to happen, it would've had to have been a near instanteous implosion to flood so quick that anyone would get caught unaware and drown.

The most flooding I ever saw was enough to get your shoes wet and P.O. a guest. Also, some guests saw water, any water, as an opportunity to allow their children to relieve themselves into it. So imagine it's 98 degrees out, it's near 100% humidity (Summer) with the hatches closed, the A/C recycles the air in the sub up through the sail, where I stood, and the smell of fermented urine wafting throughout the sub... all...day...long. I will not soon forget that smell !
Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1, 2
Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic