Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2 Next
Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post What 20K ride memorabilia to you personally own? Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:12 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Now that it's been demolished, pieces of the 20K ride have scattered to the four winds of ebay; so what do you personally own?

I have:
-An original pewter hat pin (thanks to Bert!).
-A few nicely corroded mardi gras coins from the treasury.
-A sea horse that was underwater near the loading dock.
-A full blue seaweed strand and a small piece of an orange one.
-A great reprint of the attraction poster (doesn't really count I know).
Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:55 pm
SaturationDiver
Pewter hat badge
Embroidered shirt patch
Rolls of seaweed

And I know it aint really a piece of 20K memorabilia, but I scooped up some water from the lagoon on my last trip. Can't begin to explain the weird looks I got...

Also have a few other things, like the poster (It just looks great, doesn't it?) and most of the pins Disney released for 20K. You're right about the one with the porthole insert by the way. $200 seems to be the normal, not the exception. Hell, i've seen portholes for for less than that!
Post My memorabilia Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:57 pm
elmonemo21
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
I have one sea horse about 8 inches high and a white and yellow pan fish about 5 inches long. I fished these out of the water one day while cleaning the seaweed from around the waterfall area near the cavern entrance. They had broken their strings and were floating on the surface. We were supposed to throw them away but they were just too beautiful!

I also have a 1 inch piece of concrete from the walkway bridge over to rear dock load. It broke off and I thought, this might be worth something someday :wink:

I'll send you a picture of them Dave.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:26 am
Squid
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Well lets see what I got....

Pretty bad condtion squid
Coins
Atlantis Stone Tablet
Sea Monster Head
Viking Ship (If they didn't trash it due to the fact I haven't called Disney about it for awhile)

Back where I belong finally..
Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:33 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
You better make that call man! :)
Post 20K items Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:17 pm
demoman
I still have various coins(a bag full) 1 or 2 a/c vents from the load platform, of course my shirts from the demolition and 2 large lava rocks from the front landscaping. I also have a hundred or so photos from the demolition.
Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:19 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Okay, no one attack demoman, he was just doing doing his job! He loved 20K as much as any of us. :)
Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:27 pm
demoman
I was born and raised in orlando, I worked the Haunted Mansion for a few years. My wife worked Peter Pan, small world, etc. I know disney like the back of my hand and still visit at least 10 times a year. I was not going to let some out of town group tear down my childhood memories. It was done with a heavy heart.
Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:46 pm
Squid
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
*Grabs knife* I've been waiting to meet one of you.

Back where I belong finally..
Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:18 pm
shockme
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
I have a couple of hat badges. One is mint, brand new pewter... Very nice. the other one is beaten up a little bit. I wish I had a hat to go with them.
Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:14 am
mxracer25
Hey demoman.... you should definetly share those photos of the demo with us!
Post What do you own of 20k Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:16 pm
Scott Pruitt
I have the complete uniform with the exception of the double breasted midi jacket and the belt. I have a hat that has the original pewter emblem, two shirts, one pair of pants, and a pea- coat. Funny how costume dept. didn't mind giving out extra uniforms, instead of the one for one exchange, when you were standing in front of them soaking wet after falling in the lagoon. And on the subject of uniforms on Ebay. Is our old uniforms that hot of an item that they call for those prices?

Scott Pruitt
Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:44 pm
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Let's see...
My original 20K hat with the radio 10-codes cheat sheet still inside, three pewter hat badges, a couple fabric "N" patches, Treasury Scene coins that I dove and brought up myself with the help of Carl, Treasury scene "jewels", original sub porthole, the squid in a metal ball 50th anniversary thingy, autographed 50th Annivesary Nautilus sub replica, 2007 20K ceramic ride-sub replica, actual ride sub's overhead interior red light cover, exterior 20K sub battery cover from dorsal part of sub, external front or rear fake round hatch (complete with fake wheel). Last but no least, a 20K handkerchief that Dave got me when he was a Tokyo Disneyland.

Oh, tons of photos from behind the scenes at 20K and tons of memories.

I never wanted the 20K costume, it was itchy, uncomfortable to wear and they never rinsed the soap out of the costumes so that in the summer you sweat and soap foam forms at your knees and armpits...yuck.

Bass
Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:26 am
mantix
-one porthole
-one seat
-some seaweed
-a DVD with a 20K ridethrough as viewed from the porthole

I plan on fabricating a metal frame that holds the porthole and seat in the proper orientation to each other, then mounting a flat screen television behind the porthole with the ridethrough video playing on it.

My goal is for someone to sit down on the actual 20K seat, look out the actual 20K window, and just for a few moments, to feel like the actual ride still exists.

They may have to dim the lights and be slightly stoned for it to work right, but it's worth a try. :) Last edited by mantix on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:27 pm
DisneyDave
Great idea Mantix! When you get the "theatre" built, let us know! We'll throw a 20K viewing party! :)
Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2 Next
Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic