Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post Is Disney really going to end it like this?? Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:15 am
ericben01
It wasn't bad enough that they took down the WDW Skyway 10 years ago, now they feel the need to remove the Tomorrowland building. :cry: That's right it's going to happen, and fast. They want all but the bathrooms removed by the end of July, and it's already midway through July. This means very bad news. Even though there was a slim to none chance of the Skyway ever returning to the skies of the Magic Kingdom, this sealed its fate. I can't believe Disney right about now. Why are they destroying so many of our childhood memories? And it doesn't make sense on their part either because most of the people working with Disney were there to enjoy the stuff they are now destroying. Wouldn't they want to keep the memories alive? If this keeps up much longer, we can all kiss goodbye all the older attractions at WDW and DL. Start your farewells now everyone, and ride every older ride you can regardless of the line. What's a few minutes/hours waiting to have a lifetime of memories?

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
1971-1994
Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:01 am
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Are you speaking of just the Tomorrow Land Terrace or another building?

"The proof is always in the sorte of unborn octopus!"
Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:58 am
ericben01
The building that is just outside Space Mountain to the right if you are looking at SM. That is the old skyway building, which I have a picture of on my flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/travels16/3534118456/

It could be used for so much more, instead, it will suffer the same fate as the 20K Lagoon. :cry:

1971-1994
Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:01 am
ericben01
sorry Awol, I should have been more clear.

I only said Tomorrowland building, but I should have said Tomorrowland Skyway Station

my mistake

1971-1994
Post Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:38 am
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Thanks for the reply, and pictures. Sadly this will probably be the future of WDW. It seems that unless it changes the "skyline" of the park anything is fair game. Granted some of these are 37+ year old areas, but they still hold their own compared to newer parks and venues. Oh well, we'll always have our images to remind us of the true Good Old Days. Take care friend, and don't loose the faith. We have not all given up yet.

Post Old rides and WDW Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:13 pm
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Bass here,
Aiptek sells a 1080i HD camcorder for $179, and there may be similar cameras. Ride your favorite "old" ride and record it for posterity. Haunted Mansion was refurbed, ride it for one day it too will be gone. Disney management wanted to shit-can Walt's railroad that circles the magic kingdom but such a hew and cry resulted that they refurbed it, one last time... it too will go the way of 20k. Jungle Cruise no longer has guns as it hurt the tender sensibilities of guests who are horrified by firearms and the shooting of audio animatronic hippos with blanks. Document everything in HD, it will be gone one day. I wonder when the "geniuses" at WDW will tear down Cinderella's Castle and replace it with the little mermaid's head?
The cheese factor is in full bloom at WDW and the lack of foresight and innovation is astounding.
Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:44 am
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Bass, as always, may your words be heard and acted upon! Little did we know or believe that Walt's dream would become what we are seeing today. While we may be considered "old heads" I still believe that NO ONE today would have the intestinal fortitude, financing, or business acumen to create what is still the legend of WDW. Todays Nouveau Riche MBA's, censors, epa freaks, p.c. doctorates, and other "enlightned focus groups" are destroying the pure innocence of childhood and it's wonders. Thanks for reminding us all what is stil the true "Happiest Place on Earth". I'm on my way to get a 1080i, and record what is left with you. It truly will be a cold day in H**L if they succeed in removing Mr. Disney's beloved trains. Take care my friend, and I'll see you on the pm side.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:48 pm
Woa man , just surfing through old post and came across the closing of the Railroad :x Seriously, if that happens they mise as pull stakes.
Being a fairly die hard Diz I'm suprised I never heard of this, time to get up and google I guess.
Damn.
Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:50 am
ericben01
They're really going to close the railroad? That was what Walt loved the most, if they closed it, I'd really have a bone to pick. I wish Walt lived longer than he did, I wonder what WDW would be like. Maybe 20k would still be here.

1971-1994
Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 am
That would be astounding ( if the railroad closed) However, I haven't found anything on Google about this, other than the closing of Toontown and how it may affect the trains.
How I wish we would discover a Disney Sea at WDW. If Animal Kingdom is considered an offshoot of Adventureland than it would be right at home, say there in camp Minnie Mickey.
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic