Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post I gave a lecture on 20k Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:21 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hi All,
Your proprietor gave a lecture last friday at an event called Nerd Nite on our favorite ride. I'm happy to say the event was a smash hit, and I feel a testament to the lasting appeal of the good old ride. I've put the entire thing up on the site, it's about 30 minutes:

http://www.20kride.com/content/video/Ne ... 0kride.mov

A great overview and way to introduce people to the 20k ride. Thanks so much to all the people who helped make it, and this site, possible.

-Dave
Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:43 pm
shockme
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Dave, like everything else you've done for 20K, this was fantastic. Great job. Your presentation was both informative and funny enough to make 20K and you look brilliant. Thanks for sharing this. I'm looking forward to 20Kride.com Live - the World Tour!!!
Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:02 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thanks man! I may actually go on the Nerd Nite CA tour!
Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:17 pm
SaturationDiver
. Last edited by SaturationDiver on Sun May 01, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:38 pm
NemoHelmsman
That was some good stuff!

Definitely, if that's coming out to the West Coast, let me know!

T

"So explorers, I've had people ask me how these docks have stayed standing so strong for close to 50 years and I tell them to just take a look.....they're covered with mussels."
Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:29 am
DisneyDave
Great job Dave! Thanks again!
Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:57 am
joez2391
any way that you can post those pics of the sub in Castaway cay? They look so cool...Great job on the presentation btw!
Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:55 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, I'll get them up on the site one of these days I promise. We're in the middle of moving to a new server so there's just a lot going on.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:15 am
joez2391
while we are waiting for those pics to be posted, i found this site today, check it out!

http://mblampain407.blogspot.com/2008/1 ... ay_23.html

there are some great pics of the various things sunk in the snorkeling lagoon at castaway cay...really cool!
Post Awesome Job Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:05 pm
Dave, as always, you have done an amazing job. It covered pretty much everything you could want to know about 20K, and kept it entertaining. I hope it comes down here to Florida, especially Orlando (not where I live though :( ) so Disney can truly see what a mistake they made in closing it. I would love to find out where you got your link for the ride footage, so I cna incorporate it into a virtual 20K ride simulator. I never got to ride 20K, but your presentation took me straight through it. Thanks so much again Dave and keep up the good work!
Post A Question Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:41 pm
Dave, I totally forgot to ask, but could you upload that video and the MP3s from the ride queues etc. somewhere where they can be downloaded please? I would love to put it on my MP3 player to show others who don't quite know the nostalgia and awesomeness of this ride. Thanks Dave!
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic