Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Post Question for Propwash and all the shipmates. Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:45 am
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Greetings to all, and best wishes to every one and their families. My question is directed to Propwash, or any one else that might be interested in having an event at, or near WDW. :idea: My thoughts are simply to get together, on or off WDW property, and enjoy our common interest as close to the rides site as possible. Who knows how much longer Pooh's Tree, or what ever that area is called, may still be there. At least we still have the Imagineers last effort in the tree. If this sounds like something that might be possible, to any and or all interested, please respond and maybe we can all get together and have a formal dinner Captain Nemo would be proud of. I'm sure something can be arranged for all of us and our families to enjoy. Thanks again to Propwash for this outstanding site, all the great past shipmates who sailed the Nautilus, and red skies to all the mates. LT AWOL, standing by....... P.S. Bass, please let me know if you think this might be possible, or a bad idea.
Post Re: Question for Propwash and all the shipmates. Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:24 pm
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Well, I've thought along the same lines though I don't know if many former 20kers have the desire to meet somewhere on/off property. I'd say maybe a short get together at WDW lounge let's say in the Tambu lounge (if it still exists) at the Poly hotel would be nice rather than a bigtime dinner. Or meet somewhere on I-drive. I think the 'bring the family' thing should wait to see if anyone really cares. Or if there is some Polynesian/south pacific-esque place we could meet for drinks and snacks might be do-able. To really make it appealing it would almost have to have a 20k motif about it either by bringing photos and memorabilia from the ride or something along those lines. I have fond memories of working there but a lot of guys just saw it as a job and have no fond memories of it... or not enough to merit burning the gas to drive out to WDW. I've wanted to try to get those guys who build Nautilus sub models to do some sort of joint sub model/20k operator thing but they prefer to divest themselves of the 20k ride and stick to the 20k movie thing.
What I'm saying is there has to be a bigger draw than just "hey, let's hoist a brew or two for old times sake". Any ideas?
Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:13 am
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Thank you Bass for the response. I agree with you 110% on your ideas. I only said the "formal dinner" and family aspects to try to get a good response. As was previously said, "We understand, and we are with you!". I hope we can keep the concept going, in what ever form it takes. I'll be glad to work with you and any one else that might be interested in having a meaningful good time celebrating our interest, and getting back as close as we can to what we are all here for. Thanks again for everyone's good input that keeps making this an informative site. LT AWOL, standing by...

"The proof is always in the sorte of unborn octopus!"
Last edited by awol on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:42 am
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Hello Propwash and Bass. Just checking in to see if any one is still interested in the idea. Please let me know, and I'll be glad to help in setting any thing up. LT AWOL, standing by............................ P.S. If this is a moot point, or a "not gonna happen" idea I understand.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:41 pm
20K_ED
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
AWOL - I for one think you have a great idea there. I was told a few years ago that WDW was planning a "Festival of the Nautilus" event but it apparently never got off the ground. I agree with BASS about having the event OFF Disney property, simply for the fact that I refuse to spend one dime of my money on that place after what they did to the 20K ride and I would like to attend the event. I-drive has lots of good places to eat and drink although I can't think of any with a nautical theme off the top of my head. Keep us posted on the plans, I would have to drive down from Jacksonville but I would make every attempt to be there.

- ED -
Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:42 am
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Thanks 20K_ED for responding. With your, and more of our friends, help we might be getting closer to having something. On or Off WDW property is not a major point. As we all will have to travel, and make plans, let's work towards a date and location that can and will work for every one. I am still ready to help make this idea into a reality. My thoughts for a date of the meeting are wide open for suggestions. To give us all time I was thinking maybe the 28th anniversary of 20K The Ride's opening. If this might be a good time let's please all keep working towards that, or any date. Thanks again to Propwash, Bass, and every one for the great site, and let us know what every one thinks. LT AWOL, standing by....

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:56 am
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Happy Holidays to all of the true Nautilus Crew. Once again my sincerest thanks to Propwash and all the members of this great site. It is comforting to have a forum that helps us all remember and celebrate the joy of our youth. Maybe in 2009 we might be able to get a better time/place/and reason for a meeting. If any one has any ideas :idea: that might help in coordinating something for our future please let me know and I will work towards that goal. Until then my best wishes to all, and may all your journeys find red skies at night and clear sailing through the days. LT AWOL, standing by..........

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:43 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hey Awol and Bass,

I'd like to see you guys get this event off the ground in one form or another someday. I just registered 3 new 20kers to the forum maybe if you write messages to every 20ker registered you might get enough to make it worthwhile? Below is a list of all the 20ker usernames. Or Bass, you may be able to simply send a message to everyone in the group Knights of the Black Spur to accomplish the same thing.

9thBoat
alanstigall
Bass
elmonemo21
flounder
jvalley
Porky
Scooter
shockme
soup
Squid
Steve_Steck
TooTall
topgator
TracyR
Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:34 pm
NemoDriver81
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Ahoy shipmates!! I am new to the forum, I just came from a "facebook" 20,000 leagues under the Sea group page. I typed in a google search and found this site.

I am a NemoDriver from 1979 - 1981 in Orlando, FL. That was the best college/summer job I ever had!! Any one else from that time/era?

How do I get ahold of Dave/Progwash to get signed up?

NemoDriver81
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic