Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post Help me make up a 20K movie drinking game! Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:42 am
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
So I'm planning to have a 20K party at my house to celebrate the rebirth of 20Kride.com and the mad amount of work I've put into it in the last week bringing it up to date after 2 years of laying fallow (thanks to everyone for their patience!). I'm trying to come up with good reoccurring/key events in the 20K movie for a drinking game while we watch it. Here are my ideas so far, got any good ones to add?

Drink whenever:
-The Nautilus rams a ship.
-The professor says Nemo is a genius.
-Peter Lorrie says something sounds like a bad idea.
-Kirk Douglas talks about escaping.
-Kirk Douglas has to be restrained.
-Anyone talks about the mysteries/wonders/dangers of the ocean.
Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:27 pm
Squid
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Before I say anything exactly how much do you want to drink?

Back where I belong finally..
Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:39 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ha! Well, everyone can use their own discretion as to how much they drink at each cue -- the only real limitation is that when you have more than 10 cues it gets hard to remember them all. Hmmm, maybe I'll print out the list real big and tape it up next to the TV...
Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:25 am
SaturationDiver
Meh, why not just start drinking at the opening titles and end once the credits roll at the end? Not much of a game but it works!
Post 20K movie drinking game Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:47 am
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Well Prop and Sat, I suggest every time the seal barks and slaps his flippers together, that rates one shot of tequila each time!

Or how bout each time the helsman says, "Aye aye cap'n!" that's gotta be worth a dozen shots or so.

Or how 'bout each time James Mason opens his mouth? j/k

I'd say each time you see the sub from the outside, that's worth a toast for sure!
Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:03 am
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great suggestions! How did I forget that seal?!

I'm afraid with the others though that we'd all be passed out an hour before the credits roll! :)
Post Re: 20K movie drinking game Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:45 pm
SaturationDiver
Bass wrote:
I'd say each time you see the sub from the outside, that's worth a toast for sure!

Amen to that!
Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:22 pm
Propwash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thanks all for your suggestions -- the 20k party was a smashing success and we were definitely all drunk enough by the end of the film. :) The only rule we added part way that wasn't mentioned here was: drink whenever the melody from 'whale of a tale' is heard, which happens like 7 friggin times.

It's also notable that we had no less than three 20kride.com t-shirts in the same room AND a mermaid -- my friends are wonderfully supportive of my madness. (I'm the guy with the glasses if you're curious)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic