Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests
Post sub question! Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:43 am
law.jordan@hotmail.com
hi guys its jordan!

sorry if i have not been able to e-mail but i have been busy lately. anyway i was wondering if any of you could answer this question for me please?

how did people, in detail, get into the subs?
as i am really confused about this..
Post Entering and exiting the sub Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:00 am
DisneyDave
There was a big hatch in the rear of the sub which fed 2 lines of guests into the sub (one line for port and one for starboard). There was a big hatch at the front of the sub as well. Guests entered from the rear and guests exited from the front. The seats folded up so people could easily walk thru then pulled down when guest was ready to sit. The remodelled subs at Disneyland only have one hatch (the rear for loading and unloading as they wanted more seat capacity for the 9 subs - I think 9 - they currently run) but it takes longer to load and unload. The Disneyland subs are metal and Marty Sklar told us they had over 80 years of usable life in them so they brought back the Disneyland sub ride. He hated our fiberglass subs, beautiful as they were.
Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:28 am
law.jordan@hotmail.com
dave i agreee with you!

the subs are really beautiful! i just wish people cared for them :cry:
Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:44 pm
law.jordan@hotmail.com
hi guys its jordan!

nothing much has been said about the ride recently but i had another question to ask you if its not too much trouble...

does anyone have information regarding imagineer george mcginnis designing the ride subs?

if you do have information, i would gladly accept it. thanks!
Post Re: Entering and exiting the sub Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:56 am
NemoHelmsman
DisneyDave wrote:
There was a big hatch in the rear of the sub which fed 2 lines of guests into the sub (one line for port and one for starboard). There was a big hatch at the front of the sub as well. Guests entered from the rear and guests exited from the front. The seats folded up so people could easily walk thru then pulled down when guest was ready to sit. The remodelled subs at Disneyland only have one hatch (the rear for loading and unloading as they wanted more seat capacity for the 9 subs - I think 9 - they currently run) but it takes longer to load and unload. The Disneyland subs are metal and Marty Sklar told us they had over 80 years of usable life in them so they brought back the Disneyland sub ride. He hated our fiberglass subs, beautiful as they were.

Actually, the subs have a front hatch and a rear hatch. Front hatch is for loading and unloading the port side, rear is for starboard. The total fleet is 8....Nautilus, Scout, Voyager, Seafarer, Mariner, Explorer, Neptune and Argonaut.

I think the best time I've heard, at least when I'm on dock, from docking to dispatch was 3 minutes 36 seconds, but I have no idea how the heck we hit that.

And I also agree.....your subs had style, and didn't look like twinkies. ;)
T

"So explorers, I've had people ask me how these docks have stayed standing so strong for close to 50 years and I tell them to just take a look.....they're covered with mussels."
Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 pm
joez2391
Whats it like piloting one of the subs? is the ride through the caverns cool? can you see the ride scenes from the surface? i rode it for the first time back in June of this year on the Voyager...It was amazing! Also i took a picture while riding Autopia and right after the view of the lagoon, there is a doorway marked "castmember's only"...is this an entrance to a catwalk inside the caverns? Thanks!

-Joe
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic