Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Post Ride sub located... salvaging to begin soon Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:10 pm
mprender
One of the WDW ride subs that was at Castaway Cay has been located and is in the process of being salvaged. This sub was blown out to sea in the 2004 hurricane season. More details will be forthcoming.
Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:23 pm
mantix
Very cool news.

I love that there's a forum like this, where info on a missing sunken submarine actually matters.

Looking forward to the update!
Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:16 pm
SaturationDiver
That's interesting... what kind of water depth are we talking about?

The sophisticated diving methods and Saturation Diving techniques of the Nautilus have dramatically increased the time man can live comfortably, and for long periods, in the ocean depths.
- Pete Reneday in the Queue Narration
Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:22 pm
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Good question S.D. . Let us all hope it is true.
Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:01 pm
law.jordan@hotmail.com
good, very good news. best news in years!!!

i hope they preserve this sub forever!

DISNEY PLEASE SAVE THE SUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

FOR 20K FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:37 pm
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Well, here we all are at 13:35 on 08-05-08! Sadly this once again appears to be someone's futile attempt at a joke. May the perpetrator be banished to the depths of the most wicked sea!
Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:37 pm
law.jordan@hotmail.com
hi guys its jordan!

i have just come back from walt disney world and it was fantastic!
i went to epcot while i was there to talk to them about the nautilus and they said the sub behind the park is getting shipped somewhere! i wonder...

also, while in the magic kingdom, a cast member who worked there for 23 years said that the skyway, another deceased ride, closed down in 1999 due to children jumping into different cars while the ride was in motion. a very big safety hazard, interesting though.

see you again soon, bye! :)
Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:46 am
awol
Friend of 20K Ride
Friend of 20K Ride
Thank goodness for MTV and those idiot "Jackass" and "Punked" shows. It is sad to think that the children doing these things will one day be making choices for us all. No offense to any one, but the future sometimes looks very bleak. TENS OF MILLIONS of people enjoyed the skyway, and thanks to our litiguous society (with it's idiots and lack of parenting) we keep loosing more of the pure non cgi fun to be had. Let us all work towards keeping the good that we have and not squander what is left of our original wonder. Let's bring the SKYWAY back! Last edited by awol on Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:48 am
law.jordan@hotmail.com
hi guys!

come to think of it, it does sound like a wonderful idea!
Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:10 am
DisneyDave
I wonder if they closed skyway for other reasons as well ... From what I know 20K was closed for financial reasons (lots of upkeep and they - during the Eisner years - were not going to buy new subs to replace the fiberglass ones) as well as labor costs. Skyway seemed like a simple and low cost operation but maybe I am wrong .. I know there were some closings that were labor related .. meaning they did not want to spend the labor to keep them open. I heard keelboats was the same way. Did not want to spend the labor $$ for a ride with a low guest-cast ratio. I miss the keelboats for that very reason ... and the same with canoes. All we have is the large capacity, 1-2 cast riverboat now. You'd think skyway had a high carrying capacity though ... I do know a cast member died during a morning test in it's last months and maybe that also played a factor.
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic