Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1, 2
Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:13 am
mantix
You mean the sub in this picture is actually moving backwards?

It's a good thing you mentioned this. I was planning on painting a red light on the tail of the model, which means my sub would have been perpetually driving in reverse! Last edited by mantix on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:53 am
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Nemohelmsman... dock thrust was necessary to keep the sub from drifting backwards and thus squishing guests entering/exiting the rear hatch... when all three boats were in-dock, their thrusters activated, there was a pretty good current of water on the other two subs behind the lead sub in the "pack".

Neutral was a temporary throttle position for me... anyone ahead of me in-neutral for very long got a gentle "nudge" from me and unless there was something major wrong with the forward sub's "show", he's either moving or I'm moving him.

Now I've had guys go into reverse (in the caverns) and try to push ME backwards just to be an a-hole... no no no, you don't do that, if you do, you don't get a break and you drive that puppy for a couple hours and then end up in Grouper Tickets rotation LOL!
Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:20 pm
NemoHelmsman
Hah....our current show profile actually has us going into neutral in the lagoon, once in the caverns, and when going through the exit falls because there's so much water coming down, we're blind as a bat.

But that's really interesting....the differences between the attractions were more than just cosmetic. They actually learned on our subs, and made those improvements on your subs.

Oh, and bumping and shoving is a strict no-no. Personally, been bumped twice, and the only time I've ran into another sub was when I had to physically use Nautilus to push Scout backwards through the lagoon into the spur dock when it was dead in the water.

Good times.

Anyway, I do apologize if I'm derailing or going off topic on the board. I just find the differences between our attractions fascinating. Especially since 20K was what I really dug as a youngster, and now I'm driving the other version of the subs.

T

"So explorers, I've had people ask me how these docks have stayed standing so strong for close to 50 years and I tell them to just take a look.....they're covered with mussels."
Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:11 pm
law.jordan@hotmail.com
hi guys its jordan!

thanks for answering my questions guys! i owe u a lot! :)

20K 4 EVER!!!!!! :D
Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1, 2
Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic