Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post WDW 20k ride crew memebr pin on Ebay? Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:30 am
Feather_Sword
Hi, I was just wondering if the information about the pin (and the pin itself) on this Ebay auction listing is true.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-submarine-ri ... dZViewItem

According to the auction for one cast member pin, the item description reads, "As I understand, back in the day the Disneyland staff that worked the submarine rides wore a uniform. The hat had this insignia made in metal attached to it. This is cast from one of the original hat pins. The later reproductions sold by the park were not even made from an original hat pin. This is a plastic cast of the hat insignia with a pin on the back so you can attach it to a hat or shirt. 3 inches wide"

Is this a real pin worth buying?

Silent, but ever watchfull.
Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:19 pm
Bass
20K Crewmember
20K Crewmember
Feather_Sword... 20K crewmember "Bass" here...that 20K hat badge on eBay is bogus. A few years back I purchased something similar and it's cheesy to say the least and a waste of time/money. This eBay seller probably got hold of a real pewter 20K hat badge, made a flat rubber mold of it (the real 20K hat badge is made of metal pewter and is curved... not flat) and then he casts a resin copy using this mold and them probably glues a pin on back so you can pin it to clothing. His story about the badge is bogus too... Disneyland's sub ride never had the 20K "N" hat badge because the 20K sub ride was at Disney World in Orlando, Florida, not in California.

WDW in Florida never sold 20K hat badges of any sort, I know, I worked there for 6 years. During my time there we wore a fabric "N" patch on our clothing/hat because the pewter hat badges were confsicated due to employees stealing them. Years after I left they reinstituted the metal badges. The only 20K patch they sold at WDW was a cloth patch with the 20K sub being attacked by a squid on it.

I have since acquired my own 20K pewter hat badge that now resides on my 20K hat. There is one guy on eBay "mrbonedaddyz" who sold them on a semi-regular basis but I haven't seen him sell any in awhile, you might try contacting him to see if he has anymore... he sells the authentic real deal metal pewter 20k hat badges, but they ain't cheap... be prepared to pay anywhere from $80 to $180 for one... they're as rare as hen's teeth. Good luck to you and once again, steer away from the fake resin hat badges.

Bass
Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:25 am
Feather_Sword
Thank you Bass.

When I read the description myself, I thought it was a little off balance but I was not sure. Thank you once again.

:wink:

Silent, but ever watchfull.
Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:36 pm
DisneyDave
As always, Bass is right on. BTW, Bonedaddy is selling a few more. He told me he got a pair of pants and a whole surplus box of them from a Cast Member after the ride closed. The pants were authentic and the pins (though never worn) look authentic as well. WDW Costuming does not even have ANY of the original uniforms any more (not even a sample). They are in the landfill (from what I heard) along with the subs.
Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:29 am
mantix
Can you please tell me how to contact Bonedaddy? I might be interested in buying what he's selling.

Thank you!
Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:37 am
DisneyDave
This is weird .. I cannot find him listed on eBay .. I tried a "completed items" search and cannot find him. I know he is on there! I'm sorry ..
Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:18 am
mantix
Are you sure it was spelled "bonedaddy" exactly? Without a number on the end or something?
Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:46 pm
DisneyDave
I m so sorry .. It was bonedaddy and had a z and an al .. like bonedaddyzal or bonedaddyalz .. I tried in the completed auctions but could not find his last sale. :(
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic