Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Login
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Ride
The official forum of 20kride.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic

First unread post
Moderators : Bass, Propwash
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post Was this ride the least bit scary? Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:19 pm
EditorSEM
I was probably about 7 years old when I rode this at the insistence of my parents, because it was a 'classic ride I would regret missing'. This last weekend I watched a show about all the hot things to do at the Magic Kingdom and this, of course, was featured. As soon as they showed it, though, I had this overwhelming sense of dread that I remember from the ride itself...and I don't have a clue why. Did they spray water to make you think the hull was failing? Were there explosions? Or did it just sortof drift around while you looked at coral and fish and mermaids and things? Seriously all I remember is being scared of it, and 20+ years later I'm wondering why. ROFL Tkx :)
Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:13 am
mantix
To a 7 year old? Sure.

The subs were beautifully strange and sorta creepy looking, with these hatches that opened like huge mouths.

The insides were dark, dank, and claustrophobic. The soundtrack was spooky.

And the giant squid at the end was doing his best to catch your sub with his monstrous, gooey tentacles-- and either crush it or trap it forever, miles beneath the waves. With rising alarm in his voice, the captain orders the sub to immediately surface-- red lights flashing-- million of bubbles spilling up around you.

That, and a few fake fish, mermaids, and a cross-eyed sea monster that all sorta moved a bit.

Damn, I miss that ride! :)
Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:02 am
EditorSEM
=) Thanks for the reply!
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Forum locked Post new topic   This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Reply to topic